Tuesday 23 February 2016

No such thing as "too old"

I wanted to post more pictures about our ski day - some favorites that were taken by the official photographer who volunteered for the day - thanks Rob!

Here are Glenn and I heading out for the first run - my face says it all...what was I thinking!?!

Lots of people wanted to know how I got up the hill - so here is how - they just lift me in my bucket up on to the seat of the lift and the skis are below, just like yours would be.



This is where Glenn and Kevin had the conversation about being "too old" for this - after lifting me up onto the chairlift for the umpteenth time. I thought of this afterwards, how glad I was that they had been there on that day, that they are wise enough to know that it is being young at heart that matters. They brought joy to the seven different sit-skiers (and their families!) who were there on that day. Chances like this don't come along often, and they only happen because of volunteers like Glenn and Kevin. Thanks guys.




When we get to the top of the hill, they just toss me off the chair and then jump off themselves to catch me. And this is one of my favourites because Theo and the kids are on the seat right behind us!


This one gives you a sense of how fast we were going - here is Kevin doing the steering.


I have the outriggers at work here, and am using my body weight to shift side-to-side with what little core strength that I do have.


Here is the before-and-after of the "mom takes out son" part of the day :)



No harm done - lessons learned!


2 comments:

  1. Love the blog Julie!
    Rob (your skiing photographer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the "old" one Julie, but wouldn't have missed the day with you for anything. I'm am so inspired by the athletes I have worked with over all the years I have been with Track 3 and you are no exception. Very happy and honoured to be part of a great day on the slopes for you. I hope you get in that nordic ski soon, I know it will be an awesome experience. I wish you the very best in your continued recovery.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete